Everybody knows the importance and benefits of getting good sleep at night. However, many people do not know that the positions chosen for sleeping can affect the quality of sleep enjoyed. In fact, some positions offer better benefits while sleeping.
In the case of side sleeping, there are quite a few benefits especially when you sleep on your left side. For example, digestion and circulation and brain health can be improved if you take this position. To support this kind of a position, you need the best type of pillow for side sleepers.
Here are some of the best choices available to you.
The ComfyComfy Buckwheat Pillow Product Review
The main feature of this pillow from ComfyComfy is the use of buckwheat hulls as the filling. There are other features as well that you should know about.
- The size of the pillow is 15″ by 23″
- Filled, the pillow will have a weight of 5 pounds
- An extra pound of buckwheat is provided for adjusting the firmness of the pillow
- The design has been based on the traditional pillow designs of Japan
- The use of buckwheat hulls allows the users to enjoy the right level of firmness while sleeping
- The buckwheat hulls adjust automatically to suit the position of the user
- Extra buckwheat hulls can be added or removed easily thanks to the presence of a zipper
- No chemicals have been used in this product
- The hardness of the buckwheat hulls can make the pillow uncomfortable for many users
- The use of buckwheat hulls can be an issue for people with allergies
- The pillow can be quite heavy, making it difficult to move it around while sleeping
There are a few things to like about the Buckwheat pillow from ComfyComfy such as its adjustability. However, its use of buckwheat is its greatest advantage and its biggest problem as well. Buckwheat provides the right level of support but it can also be too hard for side sleeping.
The Sobakawa Buckwheat Pillow from Natures Pillows and the Buckwheat Pillow from Zen Chi are good contenders against the Buckwheat Pillow from ComfyComfy. Both of them have a considerably lower price than the ComfyComfy pillow. Otherwise, the features list of all of these pillows is more or less similar.
The ComfyComfy Buckwheat Pillow is a good choice for side sleepers as long as the hardness and weight of the pillow are not an issue.
The SNUZ Ergonomic Bed Pillow Product Review
There are various interesting features of the Ergonomic Bed Pillow from SNUZ. Its uncommon shape has been chosen specifically for the level of comfort it offers. The neck and the head are given an ample amount of support to reduce the risks of pain and stiffness.
- The dimensions of this pillow are 26 inches x 20 inches x 5 inches
- The weight of the pillow is around 3 pounds
- The pillow features the use of an hourglass ergonomic design
- The design creates two chambers in the pillow
- The fabric is of a high quality featuring the use of cotton of 300 thread count
- The fillings are made of silky microfibers
- The pillow is capable of maintaining its cool for a longer period of time adding to the overall comfort
- The neck and head is properly supported by the pillow
- It is suitable for side sleeping
- The angle of the pillow might be too steep for some side sleepers
- The pillow tends to go flat with time
Overall, the Ergonomic Bed Pillow from SNUZ does seem like a good choice. It has a low price but the features are quite good. It reduces the risk of aches, pains and stiffness in the neck and back due to its design, which is a benefit for side sleepers.
There are quite a few other good options in the market. The Ultra Soft Luxury Pillow from Island Slumber is one. Unlike the one from SNUZ, this one is hypoallergenic and modifies itself to the contours of the body.
However, its firmness might be a problem. Another good choice is the WeNerya Soft Memory Foam Contour Pillow. The shape of this pillow is designed to mimic the posture of the body, providing it the necessary support while sleeping.
As for the price, the Island Summer pillow costs more than the SNUZ pillow while the WeNerya pillow is the cheapest of the lot.
The SNUZ pillow is not a bad choice at all. It might not be the best pillow in the market but at its price point, it is a great choice. It has the right set of features. However, it might go flat with time, which can be an issue.
The Equinox International Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow Review
This pillow from Equinox International has quite a few good features going for it. However, the best feature has to be its price. It is incredibly cheap. In spite of the low price, the quality of the product is rather good.
- The dimensions of the pillow is 23.5 inches x 15.5 inches x 5.4 inches
- The weight of the pillow is 5.9 pounds
- The cover can be removed easily for washing in a machine
- The material breathes, helping in keeping the pillow cooler for a longer period of time
- It is possible to clean the pillow as well via the spot cleaning process
- The pillow features the use of memory foam to provide adequate support while sleeping
- It maintains its shape for longer
- The cooling gel is not very effective leading to the pillow getting heated up
- The pillow can feel hard times
This pillow from Equinox International is worth a try due to its low price. It is certainly usable and the memory foam is quite good.
The Equinox International Pillow has several contenders such as the Cr Sleep Reversible Pillow and PharMeDoc Memory Foam pillow. While they have their benefits and features, they are both costlier than the one from Equinox International.
If you want a memory pillow, you should give this a try. Its low price is quite a benefit.
If you want to start sleeping on your side and enjoy the benefits possible, the above pillows can be the right choice. They will give your body the support it needs during sleep.