The pillow plays a major role in the quality of sleep that you enjoy every night. Chosen incorrectly, your sleep can suffer due to various issues including muscle aches, discomfort, headaches and neck pain. Since there are different positions to sleep in, the pillow must be chosen according to the preferred position. For side sleepers, it is a good idea to find out about the options available. As such, here are the best rated pillows for side sleepers.
The Coop Home Goods Premium Memory Foam Pillow Review
This pillow is suitable not only for side sleepers but also stomach sleepers and back sleepers. This is made possible due to the adjustability. There are other useful features as well.
- The foam level is completely adjustable
- The pillow is made with hypoallergenic materials
- It is resistant to dust mites
- It has been certified CertiPUR-US
- The pillow is filled with memory foam
- The cover is made from a 60-40 combination of Polyester and Rayon which has been derived from bamboo plants
- It is possible to modify the level of foam in the pillow to make it suitable for all kinds of sleepers
- The cover is breathable allowing users to enjoy a cool pillow for comfortable sleep
- The cover can be removed from the pillow and washable easily
- The shredded foam can feel uncomfortable at times due to its lumpiness
- While it has memory foam, it can lose its shape quickly
The Premium Memory Foam Pillow from Coop Home Goods does have a few plus points that make it a good choice for many sleepers. Its hypoallergenic properties will be liked by users who are worried about allergies and tend to sneeze at night. The resistance to dust mites is an added advantage. Being able to modify the foam level will be useful to many.
There are several similar products available in the market. Natures Guest Cervical Support Pillow is one of them. The design of this pillow has been recommended by doctors and chiropractors for side sleepers to get the best support possible when sleeping. While adjustable, hypoallergenic and of a high quality, it does not offer memory foam.
My Pillow Classic Series Bed Pillow is another good choice. This pillow is certain to retain its fluff for optimum comfort. While priced similarly to the Coop Home Goods pillow, this one lacks features like hypoallergenic materials.
While there are a couple of issues with the Coop Home Goods Premium pillow, it makes up for them in other ways. The price is reasonable and the CertiPUR-US certification ensures its quality. It is worth giving a try if you need a pillow for side sleeping.
The Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Pillow Review
The Ultra-Luxury Pillow from Snuggle-Pedic has been designed to offer a comfortable cushion while sleeping. The materials and design allows the pillow to remain cool throughout the night, adding to the comfort of the sleeper. It does have a few other interesting features.
- The cover has been made from a combination of polyester, viscose of bamboo and Lycra
- The cover can be washed in a machine easily
- The pillow is made from eco-friendly materials
- The pillow is hypoallergenic
- It has a high resistance against dust mites
- The outer cover features the presence of a zipper that allows access to the foam
- The foam level can be adjusted easily, giving control over the thickness and firmness of the pillow
- The shape easily conforms to the sleeper to provide adequate support for the neck for side sleepers
- The fabric is breathable, keeping the pillow cooler for a longer period of time
- The pillow is not going to become flat
- The quality of foam is not the best resulting in a stiff pillow over time
- The pillow does not maintain its shape even though it is supposed to be memory foam
The Ultra-Luxury Pillow from Snuggle-Pedic does have some really good features. Those who have issues with allergy will like this hypoallergenic pillow. It can be adjusted to suit the user’s specific needs while sleeping on the side. The coolness allows the user to sleep more comfortably, an essential feature for many people. However, the high price can deter buyers.
The Snuggle-Pedic pillow does have a lot of competition. Two of them are the Xtreme Comforts Pillow and the Cr Sleep Memory Foam Pillow. The Xtreme Comforts pillow has a lower cost than the Snuggle-Pedic.
It is adjustable and has been completely from bamboo. However, it lacks the support required for proper side sleeping.
The Cr Sleep Memory Foam Pillow has the lowest cost of the three. It uses shredded memory foam to provide comfort. However, it is not hypoallergenic or resistant to dust mites.
The Snuggle-Pedic pillow can be a good choice due to its list of features. However, its higher price can be an issue for many users.
The Mediflow Original Waterbase Pillow Review
This pillow has several useful features that make it a great choice for side sleepers.
- The firmness level of the pillow can be adjusted as per requirements
- It will adjust automatically to movements to offer the best support
- The filing is hypoallergenic
- There is a thin refillable water pouch acting as the base for the pillow
- Proper support is maintained always ensuring a good night’s sleep
- It can be washed easily in a machine
- The water pouch is prone to leakage
This pillow’s water pouch is one of its major features. It allows you to maintain the right level of support throughout the night. Its price is reasonable as well.
Among the other similar pillows in the market, the Chiroflow Premium Water Pillow is a good alternative with similar features. It has a higher price however. The Coop Home Goods Premium pillow is another choice even though it does not have a water pouch.
If you want a side sleeping pillow with a water pouch, this one from Mediflow is a good option even though it has its own risks.
There are several kinds of pillows meant for use by side sleepers. The ones given here are the best choices in the market currently.