Down pillows are the popular choices for many people. After all, they tend to hold shape much better than other kinds of pillows. This enhances the support that is provided by the pillows to the neck and the head.
Down pillows are comfortable and light as well due to the low weight of the feathers. If you like sleeping on the side, you can choose a down pillow for the right level of support. Those looking for the best down pillow for side sleepers can choose one of the following.
The Pancake Pillow Adjustable Layer Pillow Review
The interesting thing about this pillow is that it is actually a combination of pillow layers. Up to 6 layers can be added to the pillow, adding to the height with each layer. Each layer is incredibly comfortable. Of course, the layers allow the users to adjust the height as per requirements.
- The dimensions of the pillow are 34 inches x 18 inches x 8 inches
- The weight of the pillow is 6.5 pounds
- The outer case has been made completely from cotton with a thread count of 300
- The material for the filling is down alternative microfiber
- There are six layers in each pillow, which can be removed or added as per requirements
- The pillow case features a zipper on three sides, allowing the layers to be added or removed as per the needs of the user
- You can adjust the height of the pillow easily
- The materials used are hypoallergenic and of a high quality
- The support offered by this pillow is not very good
For many people who sleep on their side, the height of the pillow is a major concern. This should be easily rectified with the Pancake Pillow. Being hypoallergenic, it is suitable for all people. The easy adjustability is another advantage. However, the main issue for most users will be the price.
There are quite a few other good pillows in the market designed for side sleeping. Coop Home Goods Premium Pillow and Sleep Restoration Gel Pillow are two good options. Both of them have a lower cost than the Pancake Pillow. While they have some nice features to offer, neither of them makes use of down or down alternatives as the filling.
The high price of the Pancake Pillow can be a deterrent for most users. Nonetheless, it will still be a good purchase.
The Cr Sleep Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review
The use of shredded memory foam allows this pillow to provide an adequate level of support when you are sleeping. Moreover, the foam is also capable of temperature regulation enabling the pillow to remain cool throughout the night.
- The dimensions for this particular pillow is 15.5 inches x 7.7 inches x 7.7 inches
- The weight of this pillow is 3.2 pounds
- The filling material is shredded memory foam
- No chemicals have been used in the pillow
- The cover of the pillow has been made from compounded jacquard velour
- The memory foam is capable of providing the support required
- It is quite comfortable to use
- The cover cannot be removed for washing
- The memory foam tends to flatten and become unusable
Overall, this pillow from Cr is not a bad choice considering the price you are getting it at. It is not the best pillow in the market and it does have a couple of issues. However, if they can be overlooked, you will find to be a good choice for a night’s sleep.
This pillow from Cr has several competitors. Two excellent alternatives are the Sleep Restoration Gel Pillow and the MemorySoft Shredded Memory Foam Pillow. However, these command a higher price than the Cr pillow. They do have some more features to offer such as being hypoallergenic.
Cr Sleep Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is worth consideration mainly due to the low prices it has. If you do have the budget, you should look at other costlier options, due to the better features they will offer. On a limited budget, this one should suffice for most people.
The Five Star Down Alternative Pillow Review
As suggested by the name, this pillow uses down alternative. It is filled with microfibers that are hypoallergenic and offer a good amount of comfort while sleeping. The feature list is not extensive but it is good enough for the price point.
- The dimensions of this pillow from Five Star are 24 inches x 16 inches x 7 inches
- The weight of the pillow is 3 pounds
- The cover of the pillow has been made from cotton only with a thread count of 300.
- The pillow can be washed in a washing machine for added convenience
- The microfiber filling allows the pillow to be quite comfortable
- The pillow comes with a carrying case which is quite useful while travelling
- The pillow fails to provide an adequate level of support to the neck and head while sleeping
The Five Star Down Alternative Pillow is a good option for those who need a soft pillow for sleeping on the side. The low price of the pillow is and added bonus and the pillow’s features are to be expected at this price point. However, the lack of support can be an issue for many users.
There are several other kinds of down pillows in the market. The Good Life Essentials pillow is one as is the Overfilled Down Alternative from eLuxurySupply. Both of these pillows have quite a number of beneficial features. On the other hand, both command a higher price than the Five Star Down Alternative Pillow.
The Five Star Down Alternative Pillow is not a bad choice by any means. It does have some features that will be beneficial to users. The price works in its favor. However, those with bigger budgets can find better options in the market.
Down pillows are certainly great for sleeping. You are sure to find a selection of down pillows even if you like sleeping on the side. However, the ones given above are good options to start with.